The event will be held on 20 November 2018 from 9:30 until 15:00 (Local time) in CNB's Libertina Hall and will be attended by authorities, regulators and market participants.
The European Commission has published in March 2018 its proposal on the new EU Covered Bonds Framework. The proposal has sparked great interest and the developments in the field are rapid. With its adoption pending, there is a big question to be answered: Are the Member States ready for its implementation?
The event will be opened by CNB's Boris Vujčić, Governor, EBRD's Pierre Heilbronn, Vice President, Policy. With the aim to examine the topic holistically, panelists and speakers representing a broad range of market participants will participate in the event, including from Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank Deutschland: Florian Eichert, Head of Covered Bond & SSA Research; Moody's: Alexander Zeidler, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer and Tomas Rodriguez-Vigil, Assistant Vice President; Richard Kemmish, Founder, Consulting Limited; PKO Bank Hipoteczny (PKO BH): Jakub Niesłuchowski, Vice President, [TBC]; Slovenská sporiteľňa (SLSP) Richard Košecký, Head of Balance Sheet Management Division; and EBRD: Andreea Moraru, Associate Director-Senior Banker, Jacek Kubas, Principal, Debt Capital Markets and Ivana Milicic, Principal Banker, EBRD Zagreb.
The topics to be covered in the event include the following:
- Introduction on covered bonds covering the fundamentals of this financial instrument;
- EBRD’s experience in the covered bonds market from policy and investment perspective;
- Regional and International success stories in covered bonds with a focus on the CEE region;
- Practical presentation on how one of the biggest rating agencies rates covered bonds;
- Covered bonds and EU, examining both the harmonization of the European covered bond framework and the regulatory challenges related to transposition; and
- Covered bonds and Croatia, with the focus being on opportunities for investors and issuers.